Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Camping Trip

Well, it has been a few days since my last post but I have been busy and not had a chance to get on here. So, I need to update everyone on the camping trip. David and I left early on that Friday and went on down to get our stuff all setup before it got dark on us. I am glad we did do that because we had everything up and ready by dusk ready to light our fire and cook us up some good burgers once the rest of our party got there. My tent we had up within ten minutes, and David's wasn't to bad once we figured out how it went. Once we had all the tents setup we unloaded our stuff out of the back of David's jeep. Talking about full to the gill this jeep was just that. After the unloading of the stuff we sat our chairs up by the campfire and just relaxed until John and Jason arrived. Once they got there and Jason got his tent up we began to cook up some good burgers and hot dogs and just relax by the fire. After this we decided to get some card playing going on and so it was Texas Hold 'em time. Also this was John's time apparently to start what you might call a all nighter. He began to drink some vodka and red bull. Not just to sip around and have a good time he went at it like we were back in the days of our youth and we had no sense of what might happen if one was to drink a whole fifth of vodka in one night. Needless to say we did have a good time until about half of the fifth started taking its effect on poor old John. We did get up from the table a few times to stretch out legs and John would pour another drink and spill part of it on our card table and aggravate Dave. John got a little feisty with us trying to show us his a$$ a few times and I did warn him to quit doing this and he did not heed the warning. So with my fire poker that I was using now has become my brander for ol' John. He pulled his pants down and he met my poker. BAM! He kept complaining that his butt was hurting but he didn't pull his pants down again that night. Love you John!! The card playing pretty much ended. Once we finally got him to go lay down we sat by the fire and relaxed and the sky was sure starry that night. I went to bed about 1 and I will be dad gummed if I didn't have to get up at 4 and use the bathroom so I just stayed up and got the fire going again and then David got up to join me and we just chilled by the fire till the morning sun arose. When John finally did get up he, needless to say, wasn't feeling very well. So that was pretty much our camping trip in a nutshell...So stay tuned till next time....If I don't get back on before Thanksgiving I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and may you all be safe on your journeys.....Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment